mercoledì 11 aprile 2012

Priest denies communion to a disabled child

Today I read that, in the province of Ferrara, a priest denied communion to a disabled child because incapable of discernment. Specifically, the child was deemed incapable of understanding the mystery of the Eucharist. I wonder if the Church will realize how much this behavior is absurd. It is obviously not the first, is obviously not the last, but why it doesn't realize that they are behaving as if they did not understand nothing, according to the Gospels, of what Christ would have said? I honestly do not know if I can call myself a Christian (I do not think so much ...), but I know I have moved away from religion for the most part because of the Church. I think that such attitudes arouse in me such a lousy that I can not even express it. Are we not all equal in front of God, according to the Gospel? Aren't we loved equally? Everyone can believe whatever he/she want, but think that the Church should go against these basic precepts makes me laugh. They are messages of exclusion and segregation that have little to do with the message of the Gospel, at least as I see and understand it. There are no new behaviours for them, just think of how they behave towards women, but I wonder if they are not ashamed even a minimum ...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento